Binh Tay Market recognized as a city-level relic

Binh Tay Market has been recognized as a city-level architectural and art relic by the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee.

            Binh Tay Market (Photo: Sggp)
Binh Tay Market is located at No.57 Thap Muoi Street in District 6. The Central Market of Cho Lonwas built in 1928 by a Chinese businessman named Guoyan (1863–1927), originally hailing from Chaozhou in Guangdong.

The market covering on an area of 2.5 hectares has the interior courtyard where is the place of worship to the founder.

Ho Chi Minh City has currently 170 historical-cultural-architectural-art relics that have been recognized as national and city-level relics, including special national relics, Reunification Palace and Cu Chi Tunnels.

By Minh An – Translated by Kim Khanh

Other news