|The peaceful beauty of Nha Trang city, which promises to impress visitors who are there for the first time|
The city is considered to be one of the most beautiful and hospitable coastal cities in the south.
In preparation for June 6, officials have planned 12 events to introduce general information about the province to foreign tourists.
The festival is expected to bring about an air of happiness, pleasure, solidarity and friendship among locals and peoples from overseas countries, a spokesperson from the provincial government said.
The program of the pre-festival events:
1. Singing exchange between cities and provincial colleges and universities
2. Tennis tournament between province, city and other cities’ leaders
3. A concert: “Bai ca dang Bac” (Songs tribute to Uncle Ho)
4. Ethnic children festival of the south central coastal provinces of Khanh Hoa, Phu Yen and the southeastern province of Ninh Thuan
Provincial children’s house
5. Garbage collection by volunteers from Nha Trang city
Nha Trang beach
6. National beach football tournament
Beach in front of Que Huong Hotel
7. Light festival
Tran Phu street
8. Vietnam’s high quality products fair
9. Sculpting a metal harp - visitors can watch the harp being sculptured
Khanh Hoa Museum
10. Sculpting works of waste metals – visitors will be able to sculpt art work themselves
Nha Trang Culture, Art and Tourism College
11. Antique display
Khanh Hoa Museum
12. Artistic paintings display
Sea Festival 2009 will take place from June 6 to June 12, with more than 60 cultural activities, and traditional and contemporary arts in order to highlight the potential and achievements in Vietnam and France.