Temple honoring royal mandarin Nguyen Huu Canh opens in HCM City

A temple commemorating royal mandarin Nguyen Huu Canh was inaugurated in the National Historical Cultural Park in Ho Chi Minh City’s District 9 on June 20.

The ceremony was attended by Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh City Party Committee Dinh La Thang, former Secretary of the municipal Party Committee Le Thanh Hai, standing Deputy Secretary of the Party Committee of Ho Chi Minh City Tat Thanh Cang, chairman of the municipal People's Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong, former chairman of the municipal People's Committee Le Hoang Quan, Chairwoman of the Ho Chi Minh City People's Council Nguyen Thi Quyet Tam, Deputy Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh city Party Committee Vo Thi Dung, representatives of the Nguyen Huu Canh’s family and the government of Quang Binh province-home of mandarin Nguyen Huu Canh.

The 7,440 square meter temple is designed in accordance with the Vietnamese-style southern traditional architecture. The materials were taken in used like wood, brick, and tile.

Chairman Nguyen Thanh Phong emphasized that the Mandarin Nguyen Huu Canh Temple will become a place of education for our rich national history and traditions and youth patriotism.

Nguyen Huu Canh (1650-1700), was born in Chuong Tin Commune, Phong Loc District of Quang Binh Province. He was a famous army commander and an excellent administrator. He is credited for expanding our territories to the south and laying foundations for the city of Saigon-Ho Chi Minh City.

By Tuong Vy – Translated by Kim Khanh

Other news