The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism yesterday announced a list of top ten of big cultural, sports and tourism events 2014 that was selected by 133 reporters of 116 news agencies in the fields of culture, sport and tourist.
The top ten events include:
1. Resolution of Party Central Committee's 9th session in term XI about building Vietnamese culture and people.
2. Ninh Binh’s Trang An Scenic Landscape Complex was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
3. Vi – Giam folk singing which is a traditional art performance was recognized by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage of humanity.
Vi – Giam folk singing was recognized by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage of humanity. (Photo:SGGP)
4. Strong response about policies of Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in encouraging, preventing and eliminating exotics, which were considered as unsuitable for cultural historical sites, offices, public places across country.
5. Event of “A great family of Vietnamese ethnic groups and national construction and defense” has been held in the National Village for Ethnic Culture and Tourism, and activities towards Sea and Islands with aiming to affirm the country’s sovereignty.
6. The Vietnamese sport team ranked 10th among 43 participating countries and territories at the second Asian Para Games in Incheon, the Republic of Korea on October, 2014.
7. The seventh National Sports Games was successfully held with achievement of 57 national and 158 games records, and with participation of 65 teams from provinces and cities.
8. Vietnamese shooter Hoang Xuan Vinh earned 202, 8 points to set up a new world record in the 10 meter air pistol, and won gold medal at World Shooting Cup in the United State in March, 2014.
9. Total tourism revenues in 2014 reached VND 230.000 billion (US$ 10. 75 billion), which increased 15 percent of revenues compared to 2013.
10. Vietnam was ranked the sixth among 20 best tourist destinations around the world, which was recognized by the United States Travel and Leisure Magazine.