22 people poisoned due to Staphylococci, E.coli

22 people in the northern mountainous province of Lao Cai were poisoned after eating horse-blood pudding due to presence of Staphylococci and E.coli.

Test result of horse blood pudding showed that Staphylococci and E.coli are present in the dish which is reported to be popular with Hmong and other ethnic farming people in the mountains.

The poisoning cases has announced by the Vietnam Food Administration on April 13. Health authority in Lao Cai Province has taken samples from Cao Quyet Thang’s house for testing. 53 people participated in the party at Thang’s house and 22 of them were poisoned.

By Nguyen Quoc - Translated by Uyen Phuong

Other news

Most view