33 workers hospitalized due to suspected toxic gas leak

After lunch on June 10, 33 workers of Korean Company Likelion in Truong Thanh Ward in Ho Chi Minh City’s District 9 were rushed to the district hospital and Quan dan Mien Dong Hospital with symptoms of gas poisoning.

Dr. Nguyen Tien Dung, head of the Emergency Room, said that all hospitalized workers had symptoms of gas poisoning. They all had breathing difficulties, vomiting and headache. Though they were treated, they still had headache.  They were discharged on the same day at 4 PM when their health condition was stable.

Cao Thi Thanh Van, head of the company said that 30 minutes after the lunch, some female workers got unconscious and were taken to medical room in the company. However, later many more female workers had the same symptoms; accordingly the company sent them to district hospital and Quan Dan Mien Dong hospital.

It is highly likely that workers were poisoned due to gas leak from the company’s second floor, said Ms. Van.

The district’s preventive medicine center arrived in the company and took food samples for investigation.

By Truong Ngoc - Translated by Anh Quan

Other news

Most view

Health Minister Nguyen Thi Kim Tien pays visits to foreign medical clinics to check its activities (Photo: SGGP)

Foreign medicine clinics fall foul of regulations

People’s Committee in Ho Chi Minh City and health inspectors have issued fines to five medicine clinics in the city because they have fallen foul of regulations in the field of treatment, advertising and collecting higher fee than normal.