Baby girl in Dong Thap dies of suffocation not vaccine: Medical expert

The death of a two month old baby girl is caused by breathing failure owing to a liquid in lung, said Dr. Nguyen Ngoc An, director of the Department of Medicine in the Mekong delta province of Dong Thap.

Two month old girl Vo Thi Bao Tram in Truong Xuan Commune in Thap Muoi District was taken to local medical clinic for vaccination on July 7. 35 neonates were administered vaccine shots at the clinic on the day.

At 2 PM, Tram suffered high fever and her parents took her to the local clinic. She was given the medicine to reduce fever. However, at 1.30 Am on July 8, she was hospitalized but doctors said that she died before.

Province health authority coordinated with Pasteur Institute in Ho Chi Minh City, Children Hospital 1 in HCMC and police soon carried out a post-mortem on the girl on July 8. Autopsy showed that she had no negative reaction to vaccine but there was liquid, maybe milk, in her lung and caused suffocation.

By Huynh Loi - Translated by Uyen Phuong

Other news