Doctors save kid with 150 bee stings

According to Children Hospital No.1 in Ho Chi Minh City, doctors of Emergency Room yesterday saved a 15 year old girl who was stung with 150 bee stings.

The hospital said that the girl from the southern province of Long An was hospitalized when she was suffering from anaphylactic shock, passing blood in her urine, liver and kidney damages, low blood pressure and lost her consciousness.

Doctors said that she had over 150 bee stings in her face, neck,  climbs and chest. She was immediately put on ventilator and her blood was filtered continuously.

After 36 hours, her condition was improved.

According to the patient’s relative, the girl and her uncle went to a nearby jungle to chop trees for cooking. They accidentally disturbed bee nest thus, they were attacked by a swam of bee. Her uncle had fewer bee sting so he was treated in local hospital.

By Hai Thuy – Translated by Uyen Phuong

Other news