Hundreds of primary students suffer food poison in Hau Giang Province

Hundreds of primary students suffer food poison in the Mekong Delta Province of Hau Giang yesterday.
 

Poisoned students are treated in the local clinic (Photo: SGGP)

Poisoned students are treated in the local clinic (Photo: SGGP)

A large number of students in Lai Hieu Primary School in Nga Bay Town experienced food poisong symptoms. Half an hour ago, they took glass of Milo dairy product of Nestle Company gratis.
Thirty minutes later, several students had vomited and stomachache, headache and diarrhea. The number of poisoned students rose quickly.
Soon, the school managers took poisoned students for emergency treatment in the town's medical clinic. The slight remaining students were kept under primary teachers' observation in class.
At the same time, students of Nguyen Hien Primary School in Hiep Thanh Ward also suffered food poison. At noon, the local clinic received nearly 400 cases of poisoning due to drinking milk.
Head of the Emergency Department Dr. Le Van Thang said as per the initial probe, they were all poisoned by drinking unsafe dairy product. Just a few critical cases were kept under medical workers' observation. Most students are in stable condition after receiving treatment with drug.
Related agencies are carrying out the probe of poison cause.
Schools stopped giving students milk after the incident.

By QUANG DAT - Translated by UYEN PHUONG

Other news

Most view

Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc at the event (Source: VNA)

PM directs strengthening cooperatives at all levels

Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has directed strengthening cooperatives at all levels with the support of authorities as they have an important mission in the country’s integration effort and contribute significantly to the national socio-economic development.