Inspectors suspend company kitchen after poisoning cases

Inter-department inspectors in the southern province of Dong Nai have uncovered violation while carrying out an inspection at kitchen of Chanh Ich Company in Long Binh Tan ward of Bien Hoa Town after a food poisoning case occured.

Nguyen Van Huu, head of the province’s Department of Food Safety and Hygiene under the Department of Health November 18 said that 69 workers were hospitalized after having dinner on the day before.

The inspection team took a report and suspended the activities of the company’s kitchen.

Many workers claimed that they fell sick after inhaling a “strange smell” believed to emanate from rice yet they still ate the dinner served at the company with vegetable soup and eggs steamed with meat. The symptoms of food poisoning have developed 30 minutes after the dinner. Some workers suffered breathing problems, vomitted and others fainted.

They were all taken to emergency rooms in the province and city General Hospitals.

In related news, after testing Kokomi instant noodle following the news that the product has strange substance inside was published on social network in the northern province of Thanh Hoa, the heath authority has asserted that the product meets quality standard without nothing strange inside.

Accordingly, the heath authority said that consumers should take precaution against unofficial information.

By staff writers - Translated by Anh Quan

Other news