One dead, five in critical condition after eating puffer fish

Director of the La Gi General Hospital in the central province of Binh Thuan Dr. Do Van Anh yesterday said the hospital admitted six poisoned people due to eating puffer fish. One of them was dead while five others in critical condition.
 

Puffer fish

Puffer fish

Five people were later transferred directly to country's leading Cho Ray Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City in the same day.
Five other suffered same symptoms of vomiting, convulsion fits and their bodies turned blue. All hail from Phan Ri Cua Town in Tuy Phong of Binh Thuan Province.
All six are fishermen. They were catching the fish and then make it for the meal.
Puffer fish are the world's most toxic group of fish and their livers, ovaries and skin contain tetrodotoxin, 100 times more lethal than cyanide.

By NGUYEN TIEN – Translated by UYEN PHUONG

Other news

Most view