One more dies after eating mushroom

One more person died after eating mushroom, said director of the General Hospital in the northern province of Ha Giang Dr. Hoang Tien Viet said yesterday.

One more dies after eating mushroom

The death of 23-year-old woman has brought the total victim of a family in Ha Giang Province’s Vi Xuyen District in the incident to three.


Before, on March 28, a man went to jungle picking up mushroom to cook soup for the lunch.

Until the late afternoon on the same day, four family members including the man, his wife, his son and his daughter-in-law experienced headache, dizzy, diarrhea; they were taken to the local hospital for emergency treatment next morning when they were in critical condition.


Because of bad poisoning, the man’s son and the wife died on March 31 and April 1.

Next, the daughter-in-law couldn’t survive meanwhile the man was in critical condition; hence, he was transferred to Bach Mai Hospital for further treatment.

By MINH KHANG – Translated by UYEN PHUONG

Other news

Most view

Underwater medicine, hyperbaric oxygen association set up

Underwater medicine, hyperbaric oxygen association set up

The National Association of Underwater Medicine and Hyperbaric Oxygen was established by the Vietnam National Institute of Maritime Medicine and Maritime Health Association during a congress on July 13 – 14.