Over 200 people hospitalized after eating breads in Quang Binh

Two hundred and twenty-two people in the north-central province of Quang Binh have been hospitalized from October 14 to 19 after eating breads bought from a local shop.

Dr. Lai Van Hai, director of the Center of Preventive Medicine in Dong Hoi Town yesterday said that such case has not ever taken place in the province before as more patients suffered poison for five days after eating breads from Vuong Tien Thanh shop.

34 people are being treated in Dong Hoi General Hospital, 30 others being treated in other clinics in district and communes and 30 another in Vietnam –Cuba hospital in Dong Hoi Town.

Test results confirmed that there has been presence of Salmonella bacteria which caused symptoms including abdominal pain, diarrhea, fever, nausea and vomiting.

Dr. Hai said that more people who are infected with Salmonella bacteria will be hospitalized as the incubation period is more than one week.

According to the owner of Vuong Tien Thanh shop, around 500 breads and bao cake had been sold out in two days October 14 and 15.

By Minh Phong - Translated by Uyen Phuong

Other news