Six people hospitalized after eating lamprey gut

Six members of a family were hospitalized after having sea lamprey’s gut, the Department of Food Safety in the central province of Thua Thien said.

Illustrative photo

Illustrative photo

55 year old Le Hue in Binh Dien Commune in Huong Tra Town cooked sea lamprey and the fish gut with bamboo shoot.

Later, they experienced vomiting, diarrhea and numbed limbs; accordingly, they were rushed to the local General Hospital for emergency.

The food safety authority said it would carry out probe into the case.

By VAN THANG - Translated by UYEN PHUONG

Other news

Most view

People dispose of unwanted containers where water may gather (Photo: SGGP)

Drastic increase of Aedes mosquitoes

Dengue viruses are transmitted to humans through bites of infective female Aedes mosquitoes in urban environments which provide it with numerous oviposition sites to lay eggs