An inhabitant in Ly Son Island, 30km off the central province of Quang Ngai province coast, May 8 was rushed to the provincial General Hospital for emergency treatment in severe condition after eating a toxic crab.
A 35 year old Nguyen Van Khoi patient said that he and his seven colleagues who are workers went along coral reefs around the island and caught 10 strange crabs with shaggy fur which is called demon-faced crabs by local people from a coral reef last night.
These workers ate the crabs with wine.
One hour after eating the toxic crabs, their limbs and tongue paralyzed and breathing problem. The three workers were soon taken to the island's medical center. Due to Khoi's serious condition, he was rushed to the provincial hospital for further treatment.