Before, a 45 year old man in Hanoi was pronounced dead after four day intensive treatment in Bach Mai Hospital’s Anti-Poison Center due to methanol poison.
His relatives said that he drank surgical alcohol of Dai Loi Company instead of wine. Test result showed that the remaining alcohol in the bottle had excessive methanol content.
Soon, the health inspectors paid visits to Dai Loi Company, discovering the illegal products. Accordingly, in addition to the fine, the inspectors asked the company to destroy over 2,800 liter of alcohol worth VND128 million.