The Ho Chi Minh City Children Hospital yesterday said that it received two kid patients who suffer multiple organ failure due to wasp sting .
According to the mother of two siblings, while the two boys with their two grandma were tidying the house, they touched the beehive by accident, they and 13-month-old toddler were attacked by the aggressive bees.
They were unexpectedly found out and taken to the local infirmary by neighbors, however, one grandma and the toddler were pronounced dead at the hospital, the other grandma and two kids were in critical condition.
The local infirmary transfered the two siblings to HCMC after doctors found out the two boys suffered multiple organ failure.
Head of the City Children Hospital’s Anti-Poison Ward Dr. Le Vu Phuong Thy said the two boys were took to the hospital when they were experiencing breathing problem, multiple organ failure and coagulation disorder; accordingly, doctors performed intensive resuscitation and blood purification for hours.
The two kid patients recovered on August 16 but they are still under observation.