Many residents in the Mekong delta have been hospitalized recently after being bitten by poisonous reptile ‘ran luc’ (green snake), with the scientific name of Trimeresurus albolabris.
The 121 Military Hospital in the Mekong delta city of Can Tho said that it has received many people who were bitten by the venomous snake. One of them is Ms. Huynh Thi Ba, 83 in Binh Thuy District in Can Tho City was bitten by the snake when she opened the gate. Doctors provided intensive care to her because she has breathing problem and high blood pressure.
52 year old Luu Van Loi in the Mekong delta province of Tra Vinh has been hospitalized because his tongue and face were bitten by a rattle snake while drinking rice wine in his front yard. He was rushed to the infirmary for treatment.
By statistic of the hospital, around 100 people in the Mekong delta are reported bitten by the snake monthly averagely. Up to 6 or 7 people were hospitalized a day for the reason.
The green pit viper, a species of venomous snake, has appeared in urban residential areas in the Vietnam’s central region at an alarming rate, slithering into kitchens, bedrooms, gardens, and schools.
Inhabitants must be aware of the creature.
Vietnamese man bitten by rattle-snake