According to local media, the airport caught fire early in the morning. Airport officials found the blaze in the electrical room on the third floor.
The airport department said that the fire was caused by a short circuit, forcing the airport to sound a warning of no landing or take-offs for half of the day. Flights scheduled to land in the airport have been rerouted to Udon Thani International Airport.
The airport department expected that everything would return to normal in the same day’s afternoon.-VNA