Malaysian ruling coalition criticises opposition for false rumour

VNA
 The allegation that there was a motion of a no-confidence vote against Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad was a rumour spread by the opposition, said Malaysian Minister of Defence Mohamad Sabu on February 20.

Malaysian Minister of Defence Mohamad Sabu (Photo: Bernama)

Malaysian Minister of Defence Mohamad Sabu (Photo: Bernama)

In a statement, the minister, also President of Parti Amanah Negara (National Trust Party or Amanah), added that Amanah and other parties in the ruling Pact of Hope (PH) coalition, will always support the leadership of PM Mahathir in a bid to completely reform and improve the country’s governance.
He stressed that such allegation was made by the opposition to divert the people’s attention to the ongoing investigations and allegations made against the opposition leaders, as well as the leadership crisis in their parties.
These efforts are done to threaten stability and disturb the focus of the coalition government, he said.
Earlier on February 17, the Parti Islam Se-Malaysia (PAS) (the Islamic Party of Malaysia) declared that it will back PM Mahathir until the next general election if the PM has to face a no-confidence vote in the PH.
Some leaders of the PAS are being investigated by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission as there were accusations that millions ringgit were transferred to the party’s bank accounts.

Other news