The Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee yesterday listed ten outstanding political, cultural, socio-economic events in 2016.
Chief of office at the HCMC People's Committee Vo Van Hoan said that the events were selected by the city’s press agencies.
The 40th anniversary of the day of Ho Chi Minh City officially named Late President Ho Chi Minh
These are ten remarkable events in 2016
1. The election of deputies to the 14th National Assembly (NA) and People's Councils at all levels for the 2016-2021 tenure.
2. The 40th anniversary of the day of Ho Chi Minh City officially named Late President Ho Chi Minh.
3. The hotline (08.88247247) is known as an effective connection between the citizens and the city’s authority in receiving and feed-backing questions about administration procedures.
4. The city reached 8.05 percent Gross Regional Domestic Product (GRDP) growth rate this year with an absolute value of VND 1,037, 625 billion which is the highest number during the recent five years.
5. The city’s authority and enterprises organized programs of star-up and creative renovation. This year, the city People’s Committee issued assisted policies for enterprises to boost their business and production operations.
6. Establishment of Food Safety Management Board
7. Honoring typical and kind-hearted individuals and groups actively participated in nonprofit activities.
8. Opening Book Street at Nguyen Van Binh Street
9. Supplying fresh water for citizens
10. The 2016 Overseas Vietnamese conference