The construction located on Hoang Sa road in Son Tra district was kicked off in December, 2015 with a total capital of VND40 billion (US$1.7 million). The 3-storey house covering on an area of 1,296m2 was designed by Japan’s Wrights Architects.
Hoang Sa Exhibition House is regarded as a home of historical maps, documents, videos and photographs on the Hoang Sa (Paracel). There are also exhibits and historical evidences including ancient maps, atlases, and documents by traditional Chinese, Vietnamese and French languages issued from Vietnamese feudal states and the French colonial empire in the Indochina countries from the 17th to the early 20th century, firmed Vietnam’s sovereignty over the Hoang Sa in 1858-1954, 1954-1974, and from 1975 to date.
The place gives a chance to raise awareness among people, especially the youth, of Vietnam’s sovereignty over the two archipelagos, Hoang Sa and Truong Sa as well as the importance of protecting the national sea and islands.
At the ribbon cutting ceremonySoldiers visit the exhibition house.
Students visit Hoang Sa Exhibition House.
A narrator tells about Vietnam’s sovereignty over the Hoang Sa (Paracel) and Truong Sa (Spratly) archipelagos.
Hoang Sa Exhibition House attracts many people nationwide.
Photos displayed in the exhibition house.
Chairman of the Da Nang People's Committee Huynh Duc Tho speaks at the opening ceremony.
The Naval Forces attends the event.