Visitors suffer food poisoning in Binh Thuan Province

On October 31, more than 47 visitors suffered food poisoning after eating raw fish, vegetables and seafood at a highway restaurant in Phan Thiet City in the central province of Binh Thuan .

The visitors ate dinner at the Cay Bang Restaurant in Ham Tien Ward in Phan Thiet City on night of October 31 and by early next morning most of them showed symptoms of poisoning and had to be treated. 

The General Hospital in Binh Thuan Province treated 47 of the visitors, while the others received treatment at the five-star SeaLinks Hotel. 

The victims were all participants in a meeting organized for customers by Cargill, the Animal Feed Company.

Vietnam’s health watchdog was quick to take food samples from the restaurant for lab testing and to indentify the cause of the food poisoning.

By T. Hai - Translated by Uyen Phuong

Other news

Most view

Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc (C) (Source: VNA)

PM lauds Binh Phuoc’s efforts to foster economic growth

Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on August 20 hailed Binh Phuoc province’s efforts to seek new markets as a crucial step towards expanding production and fostering growth, affirming this way would help attract potential investors.