The Vietnam Software Association (VINASA) has decided to use star-grading for the Sao Khue 2006 Award wining software programs. The symbols come in round shape, on blue background with the award’s logo and the number of yellow stars, corresponding to the grade, on the surface.
Mr. Pham Tan Cong, General Secretary of the VINASA said that star-grading will help people make their choices of IT products more easily, while encouraging software enterprises to create higher-quality programs to meet the local and export demand. “Star-grading will be an effective marketing tool, helping promote businesses trademark,” added Mr. Cong.
|Sao Khue awards 2006 Star-grading|
The awards include 3 for design and implementation of policies for the development of Vietnamese software industry; 3 for enterprises applying ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning); 2 for communications organizations developing IT and software industry; 6 for software enterprises; 1 for IT training institutes and 21 for domestic software programs in 12 areas.
Of the 21 winning software programs, there will be 3 five-star programs (the highest grade) and 18 four-star ones. Businesses will be allowed to use the star logo attached on packages or manuals of the software programs for commercial purposes.
The judge panel in the final consists of Deputy Minister of Posts and Telematics Nguyen Minh Hong, working as the chairman of the Sao Khue 2006 Award, and 21 other members.
The Sao Khue 2006 Award ceremony will be held at the Ha Noi Theatre on 10 A.M. on May 27, 2006.
The Sao Khue Award has been initiated by VINASA since 2003 with the aim to:
- Praise organizations and individuals who make great contribution to the development of IT and software industry of Vietnam;
- Orient the development of Vietnam software industry; orient market and users;
- Publicize, showcase typical software products and services, and build up prestige and trademarks for Vietnam software enterprises;
- Promote software applications to economic and social branches; support expansion of software market;
- Report experiences of success in development and application of software; contribute to the development of the whole society.