The British Council is bringing to Vietnamese cinema lovers the ‘UK Film Festival 2012’ from August 29 to September 10 in five major cities of Vietnam, featuring popular UK movies from the 1960s to 2010.
|Poster of the UK Film Festival|
The ‘UK Film Festival’ themed ‘London Calling’ aims to celebrate the London 2012 Olympic Games and for the first time will be held in five major cities of Vietnam--Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Da Nang and Hai Phong.
In Ho Chi Minh City, the film festival will run from August 31 to September 5, at IDECAF on 31 Thai Van Lung Street in District 1.
The festival will showcase different aspects of traditional and contemporary London to Vietnamese audiences, across a range of different genres including action, thriller, comedy and biography.
Films being shown include Yellow Submarine; Love Actually; The Queen; Made in Dagenham; Defense of the Realm; Sixty Six and 28 Days Later.
The stories they tell are dramatic, humorous, sad, incredible, and sometimes all of these at once and feature famous UK actors and directors such as Helen Mirren, Helena Bonham Carter, Colin Firth and Danny Boyle, who was chosen to direct the opening ceremony of the London 2012 games.
Audience may visit website http://www.britishcouncil.org/vi/vietnam-arts-uk-film-festival-2012.htm to get more specific information on movie content and screening schedule.
The British Council will also hold a quiz on UK cinema and the London 2012 Olympic Games with amazing prizes for the winners. The quiz can be found on http://www.britishcouncil.org/vi/vietnam-arts-uk-film-festival-2012-quiz.htm
- In Hanoi, free tickets can be collected after August 20 from the British Council, 20 Thuỵ Khue Street, Tay Ho District.
- In Hai Phong, free tickets can be collected after August 21 from the Department of International Relations, 15 Tran Quang Khai Street, Hong Bang District, or 1-5 Cinema, 53 Hoang Van Thu, Hong Bang District.
- In Da Nang, free tickets can be collected after August 28 from Le Do Cinema, 46 Tran Phu Street.
- In Hue, free tickets can be collected after August 28 from Hung Vuong Cultural Center, 41A Hung Vuong Street.
- In HCMC, free tickets can be collected after August 28 from the British Council, 25 Le Duan, District 1 and IDECAF, 31 Thai Van Lung, District 1.