166 garment workers suffer food poisoning

Quoc Anh Private Hospital and Binh Tan District Hospital on June 27 admitted 166 workers of the Quang Thai garment company in Binh Tan District of Ho Chi Minh City for food poisoning after they ate lunch at a café near their company.

One hour after having lunch in the café yesterday of cooked rice, sautéed pork ribs, fried tuna fish, fried chicken, soya-cakes, sautéed fish cake with tomato, fried kohlrabi and cabbage soup, some workers developed symptoms like stomachache, vomiting, fatigue, skin rash and numbness of limps.

By 12:30 pm, many workers were in a coma and had to be rushed to hospital.

The Department of Food Safety and Hygiene in Ho Chi Minh City said that Anh Thu Rice Cafeteria at 1009 Tan Ky Tan Quy Street had served the food. The Cafeteria has not been granted a certificate of food safety and hygiene by the government.

By Tuong Lam - Translated by Uyen Phuong

Other news