Five people hospitalized after eating poisonous mushrooms

The Anti-Poisoning Center of Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi just received five patients who fell ill after eating poisonous fungi.

All of the patients are Dao ethnic people in Van Village in Lien Minh Commune, Vo Nhai District, in the northern province of Thai Nguyen, said Dr. Pham Due on March 10.

They were transferred to the provincial General Hospital to Bach Mai Hospital in critical condition. Vu Thi Hoi, 60, suffered from low blood pressure, digestive failure, and dehydration.

The patients experienced vomiting, stomach pains, digestive problems, diarrhea, kidney and liver failure after ingesting the mushrooms cooked in soup. Doctors continuously filtered blood to save the organs.

Medical experts warn to avoid eating unfamiliar fungi especially the colorful ones.

By Quoc Lap - Translated by Uyen Phuong

Other news