Surgeons of the local General Hospital yesterday said that the man’s palm was totally crushed when being taken to the hospital.
Head of the hospital’s Trauma Department Dr. Nguyen Tuong Quang said surgeons had no choice but cut the man’s crushed palm.
Dr. Quang said the case is not the first of its kind. Several people have faced unexpectedly battery explosion while they have been using the phone on charging.
The incident safety experts have reminded all mobile phone users not to buy cheap or low quality mobile phone batteries.