Nearly 300 workers in Long Hau Industrial Park hospitalized with food poisoning

About 300 workers in Long Hau Industry Park were hospitalized on April 22 because of food poisoning, said the hospital in Ho Chi Minh City’s Nha Be District.

Most of workers experienced vomiting, severe belly pain and diarrhea. These victims said that one hour after they ate chicken cooked with sauce, vegetable soup and salted fish on April 22 they experienced these symptoms of vomiting, belly pains and diarrhea; some of them even had headache.

Dr. Nguyen Tien Dung, deputy head of the hospital, said medical workers gave workers medications and intravenous infusion. After receiving detoxification and intensive care, a number of patients recovered and were discharged from the hospitals on April 23 but their counterparts who suffered severe condition still stayed in the hospital.

The Department of Health in HCMC asked Nguyen Tri Phuong Hospital in District 5 to send its men to support Nha Be Hospital. Some of workers are stable and discharged from the hospital.

The health authorities including the Preventive Medicine Center in the southern province of Long An and the provincial Department of Food Safety and Hygiene furthered investigation of the case. Medical eperts said that the poisoning may cause by contaminated food.

By Tuong Lam – Translated by Uyen Phuong

Other news