French detectives reported that Nguyen Ai Quoc ( Nguyen the Patriot ), an early alias of Ho Chi Minh, together with some other Vietnamese nationals attended a meeting of Seine District’s Federation of Trade Unions.
Inprekorr of the Communist International published an article titled ‘Indian farmers’ in French, English and German Ho Chi Minh wrote under the pseudonym Wang. At this time, he was engaged in political activities in China.
The article described the farmer forces of the populous country, under British control, and where villages were destroyed and millions of farmers died of starvation, where many were drifting to cities and becoming proletarians.
With a view of a revolutionist, he believed that, ‘Though it is not organized or organized loosely, farmers usually revolt to fight against exploiters when they are compelled by poverty.’
After completing a mission of unifying revolutionary organizations in the country to establish the Communist Party of Vietnam, he went to Siam (Thailand) from Hong Kong to boost a campaign aimed at overseas Vietnamese living in the Northeastern region.
|Inside a house commemorating President Ho Chi Minh in Nakhon Phanom, Thailand|
He returned to Siam, under the alias Mr. Tran, and attended mass for the dead of 20 overseas Vietnamese killed by Japanese bombs.
At the first National Assembly, President Ho Chi Minh on behalf of the Board for Constitutional Amendments, reported the process of constitutional amendments and promised “to try to accomplish the important duty assigned by the NA and give the country a Constitution deserving of our people’s victories and progress.”
He wrote ‘Content of revolutionary heroism’ and synthesized it into five major points:
1. Being loyal to the country and dutiful to the people. For the cause of fighting against the US to save the country and for the cause of socialism, always heightening the sense of fighting and sacrifice, and being unselfish laborers.
2. Executing policies of the Party and the Government, loving the country and completing duties in all events excellently.
3. Being determined to delve into science, technology and professional knowledge, heightening the mind of creation, go-getting, making every effort to learn, applying state-of-the-art initiatives, increasing labor productivity and fighting ability.
4. Heightening the sense of being a master, discipline, showing solidarity and public relations.
5. Being thrifty, honest, public-spirited, selfless, modest, simple and exemplary in all aspects.
By Duong Trung Quoc* and co-writers
*The author is a historian and member of the National Assembly