Motorbike parked inside house bursts into flames

A motorbike parked inside a house suddenly burst into flames yesterday, in the northern province of Phu Tho, and nearly burnt down the entire house.

Bui Phu Hanh, owner of the house in Viet Tri City of Phu Tho Province, said that yesterday his family members were asleep when they were woken up by a loud explosion and smelt something burning in the kitchen.

When they rushed to the kitchen they were confronted with huge flames. Hanh quickly removed the cooking gas cylinder from the kitchen, but 4 motorbikes, one refrigerator and other items being made ready for Tet were totally destroyed in the uncontrollable flames.

Hanh said that his daughter-in-law, Hoang Thi Hien, returned home at 8pm on January 17, and parked her motorbike in the kitchen beside 3 other bikes, but she forgot to turn off the ignition.

By 1pm, while the family slept, the ignition burst into flames that spread across the kitchen and almost burnt the rest of the house. Fortunately the family extinguished the fire and prevented it from spreading to the neighboring houses.

Source: TTX - Translated by Phuong Uyen

Other news